Monday, August 15, 2011

Vacation Leave : Please Approve :D

One thing that I really ''treasure'' or most appropriate to say, I'm making full advantage of (hala inaabuso?!) perk in my current work is the schedule. While most of employees would have a hard time planning their vacations, I get to file for vacation leave for more than 2 days (yehey!). Longest i was able to consume was 5 days straight. Yes, you read it right. I was able to spend an entire week off work. Happy Birthday ! This vacation leave will surely be on thing that I will miss the most if ever I transfer to a new company. (ehem, paparamdam...)
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

August 9 2011 2:32 AM

I cannot sleep. Again. I'm guessing my blood pressure's running low again for the nth time. Blame it on my hard head. There is one thing that keeps on running,jogging and sprinting on my mind for hours already. How to save! Thinking about the coming weeks, trips are lined up again. I'm recuperating from the travel bug I got last year. For one, savings has depleted significantly (ha ha ha).Majority of which is due to travel and a fraction of which was repositioned (I'll talk about this in a separate post). I was following this thread in a forum on how to save up. Lots of tips and experiences from posters having the same dilemma. Here's a quick rundown of the tips I got :

           - control your expenses ! (budgeting 101)
           - stay away from discount sites/group buying sites (hello metrodeal :D )
           - start a business /sidelines

Let me share with you my travel expenses since 2010 (this is not the exact amount but an estimate based from what I can recall at the moment :P )

2010
Sagada (the trip that started it all)  5000
Tanay, Rizal                                 1000
Mt Pulag Hike                              5000
Bohol (first time)                           5000
Nagsasa                                       2500
Calaguas                                      5000
Mt. Pinatubo                                2500
2011
Bohol (2nd time)                          15000
Batanes                                       13000
Bohol (3rd time)                           20000
Bicol                                             5000
HK-Macau                                  20000
Manila                                           500

upcoming trips:
   Iloilo-Caticlan
   Zamboanga-Dumaguete-Dapitan-Cebu
   Kuala Lumpur - SG
   Thailand-Siem Reap

My My My. I did not bother adding it up yet, but heck that took a toll on my savings.

Lesson Learned : Travel when you have the opportunity. Its a great feeling getting to experience different culture and knowing what lies on the other side.  And then account afterwards hahaha.  :D

                                                                going where?


No comments:

Post a Comment